By Patricia Cardoza, Teresa Hennig, Graham Seach, Armen Stein
What is that this ebook about?
Its energy and brief studying curve have made entry Microsoft’s prime client relational database administration process for computer purposes. VBA helps you to faucet extra of that energy, responding to program point occasions, exhibiting varieties and reviews, manipulating toolbars, and masses more.
In this publication, a crack group of programmers, together with Microsoft MVPs, indicates you ways to take keep an eye on of entry 2003 or 2002 utilizing VBA. You’ll learn how to create and identify variables, use DAO and ADO to govern information, deal with mistakes adequately, create sessions and use APIs, and extra. a whole bankruptcy is dedicated to the adjustments in entry 2003, together with new wizards and GUI positive factors that in the past required VBA code in addition to new VBA features.
You’ll obtain an intensive schooling in process safety, macro defense, and the entry Developer Extensions (ADE). you can find easy methods to entry information with VBA, execute and debug VBA code, and use VBA with entry gadgets. ultimately, you are going to examine extra concerning the dating among entry and SQL Server, and the way to exploit VBA in entry to regulate and improve different place of work applications.
What does this e-book cover?
Here are a number of the issues you will find during this book:
- How to use the integrated entry item library, utilizing entry instructions and executing them from any entry toolbar
- What you must understand to layout your individual periods, enforce universal APIs on your code, and use SQL to entry data
- How to configure customized menus on your entry database applications
- Ways to move info among entry and Excel, observe, Outlook, and different place of work programs
- How to teach or conceal complete sections of stories in response to info entered on a kind, or conceal shape fields in response to database login information
- Object versions you should use whilst writing VBA code in entry, and an inventory of universal API features to take advantage of on your code
Who is that this e-book for?
This e-book is a complete source for entry clients and VBA builders who are looking to raise the facility of entry utilizing VBA. as well as event with VBA, you will have learn at the very least one instructional protecting VBA for Access.
Read or Download Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference PDF
Similar visual basic books
Subclassing & Hooking with visible easy deals builders a specific technique to customise home windows habit. home windows is a message-based procedure. each motion you request creates a number of messages to hold out the motion. those messages are handed among items and hold with them details that provides the recipient extra element on the way to interpret and act upon the message.
Presents directions on upgrading Microsoft visible simple 6. zero purposes to new models of visible simple, with details on making plans an improve venture, checking out an upgraded software, and deploying the recent software.
- Programming Distributed Applications with Com and Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 (Programming/Visual Basic)
- Wrox's Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition Starter Kit (Programmer to Programmer)
- MCPD 70-518 Exam Ref: Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- Visual Basic.NET - From VB6 to VB.NET, Edition: 1st
Additional info for Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference
If you choose to type in the values you want, Access allows you to enter the data directly in the wizard. You can enter as many values as you need in multiple columns. Don’t worry if you can’t think of every option you want in your combo box, you can always go back and enter more options later. If your combo box values are stored in a table or query, the second step of the Combo Box Wizard (shown in Figure 1-14) allows you to choose a table or query as the source of your combo box. Click Next to choose the ﬁelds in the table you want displayed in your combo box.
These tools help you automate many common tasks in Access. Chapter 20 focuses on macro security. Access 2003 introduces some new concerns related to macro security. We’ll introduce you to Sandbox mode and let you know how to properly work with these new security features. Appendices Appendix A provides information on upgrading to Access 2003 from previous versions. Appendix B shows you how to create and use references within your VBA code. We’ve provided extensive information on the DAO, ADO, and Access Object Models in Appendices C, D, and E, respectively.
As shown in the previous code listing, TypeText is the method of the Selection object that allows you to enter your own text within the document. TypeParagraph inserts a carriage return in the document. These are just two of the many methods you can use with the Selection object. While very few programmers ever need to use every method of an object, you can write better VBA code by familiarizing yourself with some of the most frequently used methods of the objects you’ll be dealing with. While Word and Excel have the ability to record macros, Access doesn’t have this capability.