By M. L. Miranda
Read Online or Download A History Of Hispanics In Southern Nevada (WilburShepperson Series in History & Humanities) PDF
Best history_1 books
'Balancing the advance schedule' examines the evolution of the area financial institution and its operations throughout the presidency of James Wolfensohn. It examines the modernization of this international monetary establishment that is now involved in home-grown improvement making plans the place borrowing international locations are within the "driver's seat" in their personal improvement.
German Disarmament After international warfare I examines the Allied disarmament of Germany and the demanding situations that such a massive job offered to overseas efforts in imposing the Treaty of Versailles. within the twenty-first century, disarmament is still a severe factor for the overseas neighborhood. This new e-book makes a speciality of 3 key components and classes of Allied disarmament operations from 1920-31: the position and event of foreign fingers inspectors operating amidst an embittered German population the ramifications of the divergent disarmament priorities of the leaders of the disarmament coalition the effectiveness of united Allied regulations subsidized by way of sanctions.
- Global Values 101: A Short Course with Howard Zinn, Amy Goodman, Naomi Klein, Robert Reich, Juliet Schor, Katha Pollitt, Paul Farmer, Lani Guinier, and others
- British Aircraft Corporation Lightning (Modern combat aircraft)
- Santa Maria della Scala. Archeologia e edilizia sulla piazza dello Spedale (Biblioteca di archeologia medievale #7)
- The 2009-2014 World Outlook for Fossil Fuel-Powered Electric Power Generation
- Durham Priory 1400-1450
Additional resources for A History Of Hispanics In Southern Nevada (WilburShepperson Series in History & Humanities)
4. ) History. Title. 3'1300468073 DC21 97-22015 CIP Page v This book is dedicated to my family and the Hispanic community of Nevada, and in memory of Roosevelt Fitzgerald, a great friend and colleague. S. S. Counties With Highest Hispanic Concentration 178 8 Hispanic Population as Percentage of State Population 179 9 1980 and 1990 Hispanic Population Growth in Washoe and Clark Counties 180 10 Nevada Public School Enrollments by Race and Ethnicity 188 11 Clark County School District Hispanic Student Population, 19921993 189 12 Clark County School District Work Force, 1993 190 13 Comparison of Hispanic Female/Male Enrollment at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 19881994 193 14 University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Faculty and Staff, 19931994 196 Page x Acknowledgments I would like to thank Corrine Escobar, former student and now a friend, for her help in the writing of this book.
S. Census Bureau has relied on self-identification, whereby subjects are allowed to choose from several different Hispanic ethnic groups. "8 Another ever-present statistical problem with counting the Hispanic population reflects the presence of undocumented aliens. There is no reliable data available on undocumented Hispanics, especially Mexicans, Dominicans, and Central Americans, living in the United States. To what extent they are included in any statistics is unknown. S. Census Bureau consistently undercounts the Hispanic population.
When the weather cleared and the padre felt better, they continued north of the plateau of Mesa Verde. 21 The seventh day of August found the Franciscan priests on the banks of Río de la Piedra Parada, where they recorded the following observations: "Here is a large meadow which we called San Antonio. 22 After traveling northwestward on August 14 for about seventeen miles, they entered a rugged canyon that led them northward for five miles, whereupon they once again came upon the Dolores River.